Homes for Sale in West Hollywood
West Hollywood (WeHo) is an energetic, colorful neighborhood, centrally-located at the foot of the Hollywood Hills where it is sandwiched between Beverly Hills to the west and Hollywood to the east. With a storied history, this urban community offers a fast-paced life and countless amenities in a tightly concentrated area.
The city is compact and nearly everything you need for daily living in West Hollywood can be found here. Most businesses like grocery stores, shops, restaurants, and services are a short distance from every home. Register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever a new listing (that matches your criteria) gets listed in the West Hollywood MLS.
Latest West Hollywood Real Estate Listings
West Hollywood Real Estate
West Hollywood is in the heart of Los Angeles and offers an exceptional range of single-family and multi-family units (condos and townhomes) for sale. In 2007, West Hollywood adopted the Green Building Program, which requires all new and renovated residential buildings to abide by green building design and construction standards in efforts to create a more sustainable community.
The housing stock of older homes are well-maintained and many have been renovated and upgraded over years. Homes on the many side streets of West Hollywood have small front yards. Tree-lined streets of palm and sycamore trees give the neighborhood a charming vibe. Pricier homes with larger yards often sport a pool to cool off on hot days. Hedges and other landscaping provide some semblance of privacy. Given the housing and population density of the city, West Hollywood condos are plentiful here, some in high rise buildings. If you plan to view homes for sale in West Hollywood, you may be able to walk to each that interests you.
Today’s homebuyers are looking for less commuting and more opportunities to work remotely at home or from nearby shared workspaces. They want to live a more streamlined and sophisticated lifestyle where driving is not necessary every day. Here’s some good news: Top-notch restaurants, bars, galleries, comedy clubs and music venues are all closeby. Homes for sale in West Hollywood are always in high demand. Thanks to its prime location and numerous amenities, homebuyers must be ready to jump at any opportunity to buy real estate here.
Single-family homes in West Hollywood are plentiful in Spanish, Mediterranean, and Modern architectural styles. There are even a few cute California Bungalows.
Along the Sunset Strip, there are several Contemporary condo buildings. Along Fountain Avenue, you will find many Spanish Revival and Art Deco style multi-buildings designed by Arthur and Nina Zwebell and the esteemed Leland Bryant. J.M Schindler also set down his roots in West Hollywood, building the neighborhood's first Modern style house, fittingly named Schindler House. He went on to build more homes in West Hollywood and across Los Angeles. In recent years, people have been leaning towards Contemporary architecture, of which it is aplenty here.
The City of West Hollywood’s Hollywood Historic Preservation website has a searchable database of historic homes in within the city limits. Dwellings in the styles of Colonial Revival, Vernacular Cottage, Spanish Colonial Revival, and Craftsman are plotted on a map.
Notable West Hollywood Neighborhoods
- Norma Triangle is an upscale area which includes a portion of Sunset Strip and the majority of “Boys Town,” the popular LGBTQ district situated along Santa Monica Blvd with its lively restaurants and bars. This district has several historic homes.
- West Hollywood North is a residential neighborhood nestled between Sunset and Santa Monica Boulevards, representative of the city’s multicultural community with a variety of housing options from high-rise condominiums to Bungalows.
- West Hollywood West is bound by Doheny Drive on the west, Melrose Avenue on the north, La Cienega Boulevard on the east and Beverly Boulevard on the south. Stunning Spanish-style townhomes and luxury apartments dot these streets.
- West Hollywood East borders Hollywood with an eclectic mix of duplexes and townhomes in a diverse community.
- West Hollywood Heights is a small enclave (roughly 1000 people) just north of Sunset Boulevard and is considered to be “one of the friendliest neighborhoods in town.” People like it so much, they move here and stay here. The neighborhood association is actively involved in monitoring the area’s development, including several proposed condominium projects under consideration.
West Hollywood REALTORS®
Are you looking for homes for sale in West Hollywood? We’d love to help! If you’re interested in viewing homes today, contact us to schedule a private showing. We know the ins-and-outs of the local market and our West Hollywood real estate agents can help you find the best deal.
If you're selling a home in West Hollywood, feel free to get in touch with us for a custom market valuation report based on the most recent area sales data. We can walk you through the current West Hollywood real estate trends, outline the best marketing strategy for your property, list it on the MLS, features it on our homepage, and expertly negotiate its sale. We specialize in arranging the quickest home sale possible.