Homes for Sale in Westwood
View all active Westwood real estate listings. Westwood is an affluent neighborhood located on Los Angeles' Westside. It is best-known as the home to the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). Westwood real estate is dominated by single-family homes on tree-lined streets with manicured yards. Condos in the area are conentrated along Wilshire Avenue (Wilshire Corridor) and within the Westwood Village and North Village neighborhoods.
For more information about homes for sale in Westwood or to schedule a private showing, contact our expert Westwood real estate agents today. Be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive alerts for the latest properties.
Westwood Real Estate Listings
About Westwood, CA
Westwood is located within the 90024, 90049, 90025, 90095, and 90073 zip codes and is bordered to the north by Holmby Hills, Bel Air, and Sunset Boulevard; to the west by Brentwood and the 405; to the south by Century City, West LA and Santa Monica Boulevard; and to the east by Los Angeles Country Club.
Westwood was formed on the portion of Wolfskill Ranch Arthur Letts purchased and, after Letts passed away, the land was developed by Janss Investment Company. An early coup secured the success of the area when Westwood was selected for the home of a new university. The Southern Branch of the University of California, which was to become UCLA, opened in 1926 on land sold to it at a below-market price of $1 million by the Janss Investment Company, which effectively gave the university a gift of $3.5 million.
Today, Westwood Village, a commercial district with shops, restaurants, and historic movie theaters, is the social heart of Westwood. The shopping district was developed by the Janss Investment Company, opened in 1929, and has retained its village-like atmosphere to the present day.
Notable Westwood Estates and Homes:
- 644-648 Kelton Avenue (aka: Kelton Apartments): Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument No. 365. Architect: Richard Neutra
- 638-642 Kelton Avenue (aka: Elkay Apartments): Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument No. 368. Architect: Richard Neutra
- 11155 Montana Avenue: 1933 Tudor. Architect: Percy Lewis
- 200 Loring Avenue: 1932 Tudor home. Architect: Paul Williams
- 1254 Fairburn Avenue: Contemporary architectural home. Architect: Lorcan O'Herlihy
- 10571 Wyton Drive: 1932 Spanish Colonial Revival home. Architect: Percy Parke Lewis
Westwood Luxury Buildings:
- Beverly West (1200 Club View Dr)
- Wilshire Terrace (10375 Wilshire Blvd)
- Wilshire House (10601 Wilshire Blvd)
- The Carlyle (10776 Wilshire Blvd)
- The Californian (10800 Wilshire Blvd)
- The Wilshire (10580 Wilshire Blvd)
- La Tour (10380 Wilshire Blvd)
- The Longford (10790 Wilshire Blvd)
- Park Wilshire (10724 Wilshire Blvd)
- The Liddel (10777 Wilshire Blvd)