Homes for Sale in Fryman Canyon
Fryman Estates is a lush and wooded neighborhood known for its large, gated properties. A long-time oasis for celebrites, homes in Fryman Estates are secluded and private, yet close to shopping and nightlife in nearby Silver Triangle and Ventura Boulevard.
Don’t forget to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Fryman Canyon properties come on the market.
Fryman Canyon Real Estate Listings
About Fryman Estates
Fryman Estates is a neighborhood in Studio City that rests on the foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains. Getting in and out of the community takes one along winding roads that feel rustic despite being surrounded by the country's second-largest metropolis.
Properties here are enveloped in a wooded, park-like setting. Lush landscaping is the norm. The large parcels and luxury homes have spacious backyards filled with manicured lawns, sycamores, oaks, and native chaparral.
Living here is ideal for folks looking to wind down after a long day of work or sequestering for a long weekend. Residents often see coyotes and an occasional deer meandering through the area.
Homebuyers might recognize the names of a few architects who've designed houses in the neighborhood like Paul Lazlo, Arthur C. Munson, and Cliff May. The enclave of Briarcliff Manor is a subsection of Fryman Canyon Estates.
Notable Residents (Past & Present):
- George Clooney: Actor, Filmmaker
- Lucy Liu: Actress, Producer
- Bruno Mars: Musician
- Roddy McDowall: Actor, Director
- Kevin Bray: Director
- Mickey Rooney: Actor, Producer
- Gordon MacRae: Actor, Singer, Television Host
- Tina Turner: Singer, Actress
- Pete Rose: Major League Baseball Player and Manager
- Gene Autry: Actor, Singer, Rodeo Performer
Notable Fryman Estates Properties:
- 12127 Iredell Street (a.k.a. Winter Brook Estate): An Arthur C. Munson-designed home once owned by film composer Elmer Bernstein (The Magnificent Seven, Ghostbusters)
- 3171 Brookdale Road (a.k.a. Flying A Estate): Built in 1948 by Gene and Jackie Autry, who purchased the 3.68-acre parcel from the estate of Harry Fryman in 1947
- 3248 Oakdell Lane: A Mid-Century post and beam featured in a 1955 issue of House & Garden
Los Angeles Realtors®
Buying or selling a home? If you're looking to buy a home, contact our Fryman Canyon real estate agents; we're the LOCAL experts and can answer all of your home buying and Fryman Canyon neighborhood questions.
If you're thinking of selling your home in the Fryman Estates area, our listing agents can provide you with disclosures, the date and price of recently sold homes nearby, up-to-date Fryman Canyon real estate market information, and previous sales history.