Homes for Sale in Laurel Canyon
Search all Laurel Canyon, Mount Olympus, and Laurel Hills homes and real estate listings. Laurel Canyon sits in the Hollywood Hills West area of Los Angeles, cutting into the Santa Monica Mountains. It is among the most popular areas for home buyers to consider if they are looking for excellent views and a secluded vibe but still wish to be close the all the action in the city below.
Search all home listings below (refreshed every 15 minutes from the largest MLS in the L.A. area) or scroll down to read more about Laurel Canyon real estate and its neighborhoods. Register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Laurel Canyon properties come on the market.
Laurel Canyon Real Estate Listings
Laurel Canyon Real Estate
The Mount Olympus and Laurel Hills enclaves sit within (and above) the canyon itself. House prices in Laurel Canyon are higher when compared to the rest of Los Angeles.
The housing stock consists of single family residences, luxury homes, mansions, and estates - especially in the Mount Olympus enclave closer to Mulholland Drive (at the northern border of the district). Condominiums can be found at the base of the canyon, right off Sunset Boulevard where it meets the terminus of Laurel Canyon Boulevard.
Architectural styles here include Regency, Spanish, Mediterranean, Bungalow, Contemporary, Modern, Mid Century Modern, Cottage, Cape Cod, and English Tudor.
Even though the terrain can be quite steep, homes on larger lots are often have backyard pools and tennis courts. No matter the size, decks are common, which make for great stargazing or taking in the city lights acroos the Los Angeles Basin at night. Residents can keep up with local events, services, and local issues via the Laurel Canyon Association's website.
Notable Laurel Canyon Homes and Estates
- 8527 Brier Drive: 1964 Mid-Century Modern post and beam style architectural home. Architect: Doug Rucker
- 2544 Greenvalley Road: 1954. Architect: Forrest Theriot
- 2451 Laurel Canyon Boulevard (a.k.a. The Mansion): Home and recording studio of music producer Rick Rubin. Also the Former home of The Beatles, Errol Flynn, Mick Jagger, Jimi Hendrix, and David Bowie
- 2400 Laurel Canyon Boulevard (Previously numbered 2398 Laurel Canyon Boulevard): Once owned by Ralf M. Walker, who is said to have rented out his guest house to Harry Houdini. The guest house was connected by a now sealed tunnel under Laurel Canyon Boulevard. Burned in the 1959 Laurel Canyon fire.
- 2435 Laurel Canyon Boulevard: Rumored to be the former home of Harry Houdini. Burned in the 1959 Laurel Canyon fire.
- 8840 Lookout Mountain Ave: 1958 Mid-Century Modern. Photographed by Julius Schulman. Published in LA Times' Home Magazine. Renowned for its engineering. Architect: Don Polsky, AIA (protege of Richard Neutra)
- 8520 Skyline Drive (a.k.a. Skyline Residence): 2007 architectural home built with an environmentally sensitive approach using recycled and low-e materials. Architect: Hagy Belzberg
- 7681 Willow Glen Road: Architects: Harold Bissner & Harold Zook
- 8181 Willow Glen: Former home of Chris "Drama" Pfaff
- 8763 Wonderland Avenue: Site of the Wonderland Murders involving porn star John Holmes
- 9038 Wonderland Park Avenue (a.k.a. Bailey House): Case Study House No. 21. Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #669. Architect: Pierre Koenig
- 8828 Wonderland Park Avenue: 1953 Mid-Century post and beam. Former home of Jason Bateman
- 8973 Wonderland Park Avenue: 1957 Mid-Century post and beam. Architect: Philip Kimmelman. Landscape architect: Garrett Eckbo
- 9032 Wonderland Park Avenue: 1957 post and beam architectural home. Architect: Robert Kennard
- 8917 Wonderland Park Avenue: 1959 Mid-Century post and beam
Search Laurel Canyon Houses
When you click a listing above, you'll get detailed property information including images and maps. The listing overview includes interior features like the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, major systems (heating/cooling), size (in square feet), and other important details such as:
- Number of days on the market (DOM)
- Whether the home includes HOA fees and how much per month when applicable
- Year built
- MLS Number
You can also review exterior and interior home features as well as the architectural style of the home. If any major appliances are included with the sale, those will also be noted.
When available, Laurel Canyon neighborhood information will be included along with local schools and similar homes for sale in the 90046 zip code.
Laurel Canyon REALTORS®
Thinking of buying a home in Laurel Canyon? Our Laurel Canyon real estate agents are neighborhood experts who can help you find your new home. In addition to a continuously updated website with all the latest listings, we provide up-to-the-minute Hollywood Hills real estate information such average home prices and house sales history so that you can make a well-informed decision.
If you’re selling a home in the Laurel Canyon area, our listing agents will provide current market data for home values, comparable properties (comps), and a highly-customized marketing plan to make sure you get the best price for your home and sell it fast.